Thursday, February 21, 2008

The little book of Common Sense Investing


By John Bogle

Well although this book was very interesting and a quick read, it had completely discouraged me from ever becoming successful hand picking stocks. The authors main idea is that over the long term no investor will ever beat an index fund. Not surprising since he was the inventor of the first index fund. Almost each couple of pages has a graph comparing many index funds compared to other mutual funds, the numbers are actually astonishing. A very good read for beginning investors as well as veterans.
I was frustrated with my parents financial adviser that had never suggested an index fund to them or myself.I suggest this book to all . Why try to beat the market with complex strategies just be the market.

E-mail me sburns77@gmail.com

1 comment:

Alexander Colson said...

Hey there!

Thanks for your comment. If you think there's anything that could be better on my blog, don't hesitate to tell me.

Anyway your blog looks very good and I just can't believe you're only 13! How can you know so much about stocks at 13 already?!?

But it looks real nice here (gotta try those books u mention). I don't have time to read it all right now but I'll be sure to check out your blog now and then!

Enjoy blogging!
Grtz